Class A Up to and including 5´7” (170cm) PRO-Qualifier
Class B Over 5´7” and up to and including 5´10” (178cm) PRO-Qualifier
Class C Over 5´10” (178cm) PRO-Qualifier
Junior Over 16 year old up to 23 year old
Master Over 35 year old
Novice First time competitors for the NPC
1. Competitors compete in Board Shorts.
2. The shorts must be above the knee in length and can be 1” below the belly button.
3. Spandix is not permitted.
4. Logos are not permitted except that a manufacturer’s logo (i.e. Nike, Billabong) is acceptable.
5. Competitors complete shirtless and barefoot.
1. Prescription eyewear (except sunglasses) is permitted.
2. Competitor numbers must be worn on the left side of the shorts at all times while onstage.
The “Moon Pose” is prohibited.
Gymnastic moves are prohibited.
1. Each competitor, in numerical order, walks onstage and performs front and back turns, finishing facing the judges. Length of time allowed is 30 seconds.
2. Depending on the number of competitors in the class, each competitor may be directed to:
a .exit the stage until the entire class has performed the front and back turns at which time the entire class is called
back onstage; or
b. line up along diagonal lines on the sides of the stage.
1. The Head Judge will call the competitors, in small groups and in numerical order, to center stage to perform the front and back turns.
2. In the call-outs, the Head Judge will direct specific competitors to perform the front and back turns. Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in the front and back turns.
The Presentation and Comparisons are scored 100%.
Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit competitors who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
Stage Presence and Personality
Judges are looking for the competitor with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
*If necessary, the judging panel, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to re-judge at the Finals using a Confirmation round.